WelcomeKarte (3-day combined ticket)
The WelcomeKarte is particularly intended for tourists and
visitors to the City of Freiburg. The WelcomeKarte is a combined tourism ticket
valid for three days for bus and rail services across the entire RVF-transport
network, including the cable car on Freiburg's landmark mountain. It is
offered jointly by the Schauinsland cable car from the VAG (Freiburg public transport association), together with the Regio-Verkehrsverbund Freiburg (RVF).
NEW: Discounts for the Freiburg Kultour city tour.
The WelcomeKarte ...
- is valid on all means of public transport in the RVF network on the day of validation and the two following days (until 23:59pm on the third day)
- allows complimentary use of the Schauinsland cable car whilst valid. Separate tickets will be issued upon presentation of the WelcomeKarte at the Schauinsland cable car ticket counter.
- is personal (non-transferable)
- offers a € 2,- discount for the Freiburg Kultour city tours. Meet at the Rathausplatz for a 1.5 hour tour through the old town. Tickets are available from the tour guide or in the tourist information office, no booking necessary.
Schedule (April to October):
Mon - Wed 10:30am
Thurs/Fri 10:30am and 2:30pm
Sat 10:00am and 2:30pm; 11:30am (English/French)
The WelcomeKarte is available …
- as an MobilTicket (can also be purchased 7 days in advance)
- at the VAG OnlineShop (can also be purchased in advance)
- from many points-of-sale in Freiburg
- from the FWTM tourist information office on the Rathausplatz. Tip: You can get everything you need there in one single visit: WelcomeKarte, discounted city tour and the official Freiburg guide book for just € 2,-, reduced from € 4.90.
Good to know …
- The period of validity will be specified when the ticket is purchased.
- When buying your WelcomeKarte from a point-of-sale, please ensure that you write your name on the ticket with a ballpoint pen before you travel.
For those who want to know more ...
You can collect a free folder containing useful information on the individual services when you buy your WelcomeKarte from a point-of-sale; the same applies by simply presenting your mobile ticket or online ticket. The contents of the folder are also available to download at the bottom of this page.
Please note that you will be unable to use your ticket for travel on the Schauinsland cable car during maintenance periods (21.11. until 09.12.2016).
Where can I buy the WelcomeKarte? Click here for a list of the points-of-sale!
||To view the PDF files, you will need Acrobat Reader.
If this is not already installed on your computer, you can download it here.
||WelcomeKarte information brochure as a PDF file (0.6 MB).
||Schauinsland cable car information brochure as a PDF file (2 MB)
||To get to the Schauinsland cable car: take a number 2 tram to the final stop ‘Dorfstraße/Günterstal’, then bus number 21 to the stop ‘Talstation’ (1 MB).
||Route map of Freiburg (1 MB).
||Route map of the RVF network (3.3 MB).